Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Black-Tails > Cottontails

     On April 3rd, a local Indiana birder photographed what he believed to be a Hudsonian Godwit. A great bird in itself, BUT it was actually a BLACK-TAILED GODWIT!! An ABA code 3 bird and very rare visitor, especially as far inland as Indiana. I got my stuff together, formed a nice carpool including a fellow Rogue Birder (Jeremy), and set off on a mega chase.

     Since it may or may not have been a new bird for the RB Life List and it involved another RB member and just cause I haven't in a while, Chris asked me to write up a blog post for the RB blog. Please check it out here. BTGD Chase    I know the suspense of success or no success is killing you. Save yourself and click the link above! And if you'd like to read on the story behind this bird and find, check this out. BTGD Story

Is there a Godwit in there? You tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment